Tuesday 4 September 2012

Curls, Curls, Curls, I just can't say no!

Now this guy was someone I was actually in University with, (but he didn't remember me, but in fairness people from school don't often recognise me, so I can forgive him that), but we ended up reconnecting on Plenty of Fish. If you can't guess by the title I am going to call him 'Curls' and yes it is because he has curly hair, which he is very proud of.

Now Curls seemed like an awesome guy. As I actually knew that his pictures were him, having sat across from him in criminology tutorials, I knew I wasn't talking to a 50 year old computer geek, messaging me from him Mother's basement. So after a week or so of messaging back and for, he proposed meeting up. He seemed fun and flirty, so I was quite excited to see if the banter was there in reality, or if it was a case of confidence due to hiding behind the mask of modern technology. So we decided to go to a student pub in Cardiff and all that was left was deciding a day.

This is where it all started to go wrong. On the Friday, Curls went on a night out with his friends in Bristol and for the next few days there was no contact. I don't really tend to chase guys and text them all the time when getting to know someone, so I left it to him to get in touch. He did the following Tuesday, accusing me of ignoring him. I pointed out it worked both ways and things got back into the flirty banter again. However, he raised meeting up again in the next few days. I replied that I wasn't sure when I was free as my 5 year old Cousin was down from London, so I'd be spending some time with her and that I couldn't state a day there and then. He went MAD! Said I was wasting his time and that he wasn't going to bother with me anymore.... Fair enough and that was the last I thought I would hear from him.

How WRONG was I! Was just popping onto Plenty of Fish one night to reply to some messages and a message from him pops up. I'd been honest with him from the start that I was on the site in order to blog about my experiences on there. So after he enquired as to why I was still on there, a little bit of conversation started to flow. He had originally deleted his account when we started talking and so I asked him how come he had reinstated it. He said it was due to boredom and he hadn't met anyone nice. Then he accused me of being mean when it was going so well between us. I read the last bit wrong and replied about that I'd been on a date with someone and because I wanted him to leave me alone I may have invented two more dates. I know it was wrong of me to do that, but I didn't want to waste his time talking to him anymore. He then accused me of being an attention seeking slut! First time I have ever been called that and I laughed soooo hard, especially when telling my friends about it later on. I may have antagonised him a little after that by telling him I WAS a massive slut and he had had a lucky escape. Wasn't the smartest thing to do, but after being accused of being a slut, my sarcastic side took over! If he hadn't had his little freak out about me not knowing my availability, then maybe we'd be on our second or third date by now, but it just wasn't meant to be.

Curls, if you're reading this I genuinely wish you no hard feelings. I just can't deal with people accusing me of being things that I am not. I hope you do meet a nice girl and someone who appreciates your curly locks.

Peace Out
Random Quirky Girl x

No comments:

Post a Comment