Saturday 29 September 2012

He was a Sk8er Boi, she said see you later boy...

Now Skater Boy and I got chatting to on Hot or Not. I have been a member of this site since I was 17, as me and Miss Koko thought it would be an interesting social experiment to see if a slutty profile (mine) or an innocent profile (hers) would get the most hits and attention. Even back in school we were too curious for our own good! Anyway that is another story...

So since deciding to see what online dating is like, I re-en stated my account to check out what the people were like on there. I updated the photos and the about me and waited to see if anyone was interested. Within the first 24 hours me and Skater Boy got chatting. I think we were chatting non-stop until 5am, although I didn't notice the time until an email came through on my phone and I noticed the time on that. It was crazy. Although I think the two cups of coffee I had drunk after 3pm, was one of the reasons I was so wide awake. I had never felt such an ease or an instant connection with a guy like I had with him. I was actually excited the next night to chat to him. So the next night came and went and so did the non-stop chatter. So I bit the bullet and messaged him my number. It was a spur of the moment thing, but it just felt right. Then came the waiting for him to text and my god did he make me wait. It wasn't until the evening of the next day that I got a message from him. I thought he wasn't interested in me, so had put him to the back of my mind, but I was super excited when I received his text. Now like stated in the song, we couldn't be more different. He is still a full on skater boy in looks and lifestyle. And I am more quirky and girly with my fashion sense. He is into cars, skating and hanging out at his friends houses until the early morning and I like shopping, reading and going for coffee with friends. However, despite our differences there was something about him. Well, they do say opposites attract after all. So after a few weeks of texting back and for and getting to know each other more, we arranged our first date.

So, for our first date we arranged to meet in my hometown and go for a walk and a chat. I was quite nervous in the morning as we weren't meeting until the afternoon, so I took the opportunity to make the most of the morning to get ready and make myself look pretty, well not Barbie pretty, but scruffy me pretty. We arranged to meet on the sea front, as it was a pretty easy location for him to find. I left the house early and I was going to call in on Miss Koko in work, for some a last minute pep talk, but I ended up bumping into Skater Boy instead. He had gotten off the bus at the wrong stop and was aimlessly walking around hoping to bump into me. I also got a bbm from Miss Koko saying she had seen him walk past the shop and he didn't seem bad looking from what she saw. God bless technology and your best friend rating the guy before you have even met him. So we went on this epic walk to the beach and all around the town. We talked about anything and everything and it was easy being in his company. So after he left, I went round Miss Koko's for a girly post-date gossip. I was quite excited for our second date :)

So a week later our second date was confirmed. We decided on a cinema date after I finished work. We had been texting all day and he had very gallantly told me he was paying for our entire date. Now I am not the type of girl to have a guy pay for the entire date. I always believe in 50/50 or I'll pay for it all. I can be a stubborn feminist when I want to be o:) But I do like it when a guy offers. If nothing else it shows he is not tight with his money. However, in the end, I gave my feminist half a night off and I let him pay for the cinema tickets. Apparently, male pride gets very dented if you don't let a man pay. My only condition to him paying, was that he also had to pick the film. This was a way of stopping us standing there for ages trying to decide. He opted for 'Total Recall'. BAD CHOICE! The film was awful! It should have been renamed "Total Crap". So we chose our seats and settled down to wait for the film to start. I know I shouldn't, but whenever I am in the cinema I can't help but put my feet up on the seats if no one is sitting in front of me. So I was sitting there, feet up and waiting for the film to start, when Skater Boy turns to me and points out that I have very small feet. Now, I might not be the tallest of girls, but I have size 6 feet, so I like to think that that is a standard girl shoe size. It is certainly the shoe size that sells out fastest in shops. However, I was starting to see a pattern developing, as on our first date we were walking and he suddenly comes out with, "you're quite short aren't you". I am 5ft 4!!!! Not that tall, but not that short either. His charm technique really needs to be worked on :P So back to the terrible film. It was dull and boring and at one point I was tempted to sneak in a cheeky nap, but he caught me. Although he thought I was crying, not attempting to have a snooze. I admitted the film was terrible and he did say we could leave. But I was determined to see this film out. Plus I was curious to see if he would make a move. I'm afraid to say he didn't. Not even the old stretch and yawn technique. I was quite disappointed. When the film finished I had to head for the train home, so we walked to the station together. My train didn't come in for another 15 minutes so we sat on the station platform chatting some more. When it was time to say goodbye, we hugged and departed. Still no attempt to make a move on me. Now I know it can work both ways, but I am an old fashioned girl in that respect and think the guy should make the first move. Even if it was just hand holding walking back to the station, it would have been something. Now Skater Boy is quite shy, so I wasn't expecting to be swept off my feet, like the women in old black and white films, but I did kind of expect a quick peck on the lips. I think it was at that point I realised the initial spark was starting to fizzle out.

We continued to text for a few more weeks, but the spark seemed to be there less and less. He is an amazing guy and will treat any lady like a Princess, of that I am sure, but we were just not suited in the end. We have said we will stay friends and I hope we do, as he is such a nice guy and can easily make me laugh, but just not my Prince Charming to sweep this Princess off her feet :P

Peace Out
Random Quirky Girl x

No comments:

Post a Comment