Tuesday 21 February 2012

I'm definately a tosser...

... when it comes to making pancakes! I think Pancake day is one of the better holiday created by the Christian Community. Regardless of how it has lost its original meaning, much like Christmas and Easter, it is a day that allows you to gorge on everything that is bad for you and in return you "give something up" for 40 days and 40 nights the next day. I think this is a fair exchange, so every year, after stuffing my face full of pancakes, I give them up for 40 days. I know what you're thinking - how on earth do I give them up year in, year out? It is a struggle, but somehow I manage to find the strength to succeed! Although last year my housemates were really cruel and had pancakes the next day to use up the batter mixture! I was not impressed to say the least when they mockingly ate them in front of me.

Another reason why I love pancake day is that you are socially justified in eating dessert as a main course. My favourite element of a meal is dessert, but when you are in a restaurant,for example, you're often too full from getting past the starter and main course hurdles, that dessert often gets neglected. I had this conversation with my ex, the BFG, and he tended to disagree as he was a starters man - (this should have been the first sign that we were never going to work!) but one date night we went to see the Robert Pattinson film "Remember Me" in the cinema. There is a scene in the film, for those who have not seen it, where Tyler (Robert Pattinson) and Ally (Emilie de Ravin) are on a dinner date, and Ally's character asks the waiter to bring her dessert first. I had a eureka moment at this point as it reaffirmed what I have always believed - that dessert should be eaten first. My perfect menu order in a restaurant would be dessert, starters and lastly the main meal. However, unlike Ally in the film, I do not have the balls to ask for my dessert first. I did however, make a new years resolution to do more things that scare me this year, so maybe this could be one of them!

Peace out
Random Quirky Girl x

No comments:

Post a Comment